Hi guys here it is my first recipe post. This is one of the first dishes I cooked myself when I moved into my own house as it simple, cheap and last well in the fridge.
- 500g Mince (Lamb or Beef)
- 1 Litre of Beef Stock
- 1Tbs Tomato Paste
- Worcestershire Sauce (To Taste)
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Large Carrot Diced
- ½ Cup Peas
- ½ Cup Corn
- Sliced Button Mushrooms (Optional)
- 3-4 Potatoes
- In a large pan lightly fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat until soft and just brown. At this time also begin boiling the potatoes, which will be mashed and placed over the mince later.
- Add the mince and cook until it is browned all over.
- Stir in tomato paste, carrot, and mushrooms then cover the entire mixture with the stock. If the stock doesn’t cover your mixture you can add some water. Let this simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to your own personal taste. This is also a good time to season the mix with salt and pepper if needed. Simmer this mix until the stock reduces and becomes a thick sauce/gravy for the pie. While this is happening keep an eye on the potatoes and once they are cooked mash them so they are ready to be spread over the mince mixture
- Once the sauce has thickened stir through the peas and corn, as these will cook in the mix in the oven, then spoon the mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Spoon over the mash potatoes and spread out evenly. Then with a fork just fluff the top up slightly to help form crunchy tips in the oven.
- Place the mixture into a preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the potato is golden brown on top. Remember your mince mix is already cooked so we are just trying to brown the potatoes.